Choice, not Chance.
CoachP has drawn upon her own personal experiences, triumphs and professional challenges to create her passionate life philosophy: “Choice, not Chance.” This simple but powerful mantra serves as the foundation for the award-winning athletes and competitive teams she builds and leads — an approach to life can be applied to sports teams, business teams, student athletes and even parenting.
CoachP is one of the most highly decorated female college basketball coaches in the country. She became the first Division I head coach to win conference titles in four different leagues: the ACC, Big Ten, America East and North Atlantic. She was also the first Division I coach to be named Conference Coach of the Year in four different conferences five times. And, she is the only Division I head coach to lead two different programs to 30-win seasons with three National Championship game appearances.
CoachP’s commitment to player and personal development is second to none. Getting young and old alike to commit to “the process” of making great choices while pursuing reason over emotion in life’s challenges is at the very core of CoachP.
- Inducted into the Maine Basketball Hall of Fame in August of 2014
- One of the few Division I coaches with an MBA and experience in the world of business
- Named the ACC Coach of the Year in 2010, 2012 and 2013
- One of only four head coaches in Division I history to lead three different programs to 25 or more wins in single season
- Is one of only three Division I head coaches to guide three different programs to the NCAA Tournament.
- Is the first Division I head coach to be named conference coach of the year in four different conferences.
- Became the first Division I head coach to win a conference title in four different leagues: – ACC, Big Ten, America East, North Atlantic.
- Is the third-quickest NCAA Division I head coach to reach 150 wins at an institution doing so in only 182 games.
- Collected 200 victories in only 240 games becoming the 4th quickest Division I head coach to reach 200 wins at a school.
- Reached the 500-win mark in 2013, joining an elite group of 29 active college coaches in Division I with at least 500 wins.
- National Coach of the Year by the Associated Press, Basketball Times and Nike, Inc. (2005)
- Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan College Coach of the Year (2005)
- 3x Atlantic Coast Conference Coach of the Year (2010, 2012, 2013)
- 2x North Atlantic Conference Coach of the Year (1995, 1996)
- America East Conference Coach of the Year (1999)
- Big Ten Conference Coach of the Year (2005)
- New England Basketball Hall of Fame (2004)
- FIBA Americas U-20 Gold Medal (2006)
- FIBA World U-21 Gold Medal (2007)
- 4x ACC regular season titles (2010-2013)
- 3x ACC Tournament (2010, 2011, 2013)
- Big Ten regular season (2005)
- Big Ten Tournament (2005)
- 4x NAC/America East regular season (1995-97, 1999)
- Three NCAA Final Four (Auburn: 1989, 1990; Michigan State: 2005)
- Eight conference championships (Maine: 1995–99; Michigan State: 2005; Duke: 2010, 2011, 2013)
- Eight NCAA Elite Eight (1989, 1990, 1991, 2005, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Eight NCAA Sweet Sixteen (2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015)
- 20 NCAA Tournament appearances as head coach (Maine: 1995–2000; Michigan State: 2003–2007; Duke: 2007-2015, 2017)
Connect with CoachP
Whether you are looking for a proven motivational speaker, health and mental wellness advocate or someone who creates inspiration and purpose for your next event, CoachP should be the first person you call.
If you are a parent seeking help with your child athlete or you take your basketball program to the next level, CoachP can help.
If you are struggling with life challenges or supporting someone else who is, CoachP’s approach to working through and ultimately capitalizing on adversity may be the boost you need.
Learn how her “Choice, Not Chance” methodology can benefit you and those around you. If you are ready to elevate to the next level, contact CoachP.